I have been thinking about to post something useful for Valentine´s Day, and I thought it would be fun to give you my ten first choices of movies to watch in this day. I think is a good idea to spent the day with your Valentine or with yourself watching lovely movies. Maybe in this list you can see some movies that are label as “no so Valentine”, but for me the important filter to did this list, was that in some point of the story, love was involve in some way. So if you are alone in this Valentine´s Day or with someone, remember that the most important thing is to love yourself first and then you would be capable to give that love back to the world.
1. My first pick is Pride & Prejudice, a classic from Jane Austen that every time I watch it, it really touch my heart. This version has my favorite Mr. Darcy.
2. The Notebook, I think is difficult to find some girl in the 20´s or 30´s that this movie didn´t like it at some point. I have to admit though that I like it, but the part when they are old is not my favorite, but Rachel Mcadams and Ryan Gosling are perfect together.
3. Nothing Hill, a romantic classic in one of the most lovely neighbourhoods of London.
4. 50 first Dates. A lovely story with Drew Barrymore that challenge the love beyond memory.
5. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. This movie is probably in my top 5 of best movies ever.
6. Before Sunset. This movie is so sweet and so romantic! Did I mention is in Paris? Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke are so perfect. Is a must to watch “Before Sunrise” which is the first movie. But my favorite is the second one
7. 10 Things I hate about you. A 80´s classic I really adore! I think I meet Heath Ledger with this movie.
8. Only You. A fairy tail story in Italy with Marisa Tomei (she is so gorgeous in this movie) and a very very young Robert Downey Jr. So 80´s!!
9.The time travelers wife. Rachel Mcadams is perfect for romantic movies! and I love this movie because of its magic and probably because Eric Bana is so gorgeous here!10. What dreams may come. The first time I watched this movie I really cry, but I really love the message that nothing is impossible when you have love in your heart (even you can cross hell for love).
Happy Valentine´s Day tomorrow and remember be your own Valantine!!!
Credits: Pride&Predjuice – The Notebook – Nothing Hill – 50 First Dates – Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind – Before Sunset – 10 Things I hate about you – Only you – The time travelers wife – What dreams may come.